Describe the bug
Hello — following up on #487 and #497. Our monthly security scans of the current
published image fluentd:v1.19.3-2.2 (Debian 13 "trixie" base) still show a number
of unpatched Critical/High OS-package vulnerabilities. We confirmed these are present
by pulling and scanning v1.19.3-2.2 directly (Amazon Inspector / grype), and every
one reports fixedInVersion: none — i.e. no upstream Debian fix is available yet.
perl 5.40.1
glibc 2.41
sqlite3 3.46.1
Totals: 4 Critical + 8 High across perl, glibc, and sqlite3. Note the perl
CVE-2026-48959/48961/48962 entries carried over from #497 and are still unpatched.
Could you share an expected timeline for these packages to be picked up in a
published image? Specifically, we'd like to confirm whether the fixes are pending
upstream in Debian (awaiting a trixie point release) or whether a future
fluentd:v1.19.3-x.y rebuild is planned once Debian ships the patched packages.
To Reproduce
Pull fluentd:v1.19.3-2.2 and scan with any vulnerability scanner
(Docker Scout / grype / Amazon Inspector). All 12 CVEs above are reported with
no fixed version available.
Expected behavior
The latest official image should not contain known Critical/High perl/glibc/sqlite3
vulnerabilities once upstream (Debian) fixes are available, and ideally a rebuilt
image is published shortly after the corresponding Debian point release.
Your Environment
Tag of fluentd-docker-image: `fluentd:v1.19.3-2.2` (Debian 13 trixie).
Your Configuration
N/A — not a runtime config issue; this concerns unpatched OS dependencies
(perl / glibc / sqlite3) in the published image.
Your Error Log
N/A — detected via vulnerability scan of the published image.
Additional context
Chaining from #487 (glibc/systemd, fixed in v1.19.2-2.4) and #497 (perl/expat).
Describe the bug
Hello — following up on #487 and #497. Our monthly security scans of the current
published image
fluentd:v1.19.3-2.2(Debian 13 "trixie" base) still show a numberof unpatched Critical/High OS-package vulnerabilities. We confirmed these are present
by pulling and scanning
v1.19.3-2.2directly (Amazon Inspector / grype), and everyone reports
fixedInVersion: none— i.e. no upstream Debian fix is available yet.perl 5.40.1
glibc 2.41
sqlite3 3.46.1
Totals: 4 Critical + 8 High across perl, glibc, and sqlite3. Note the perl
CVE-2026-48959/48961/48962 entries carried over from #497 and are still unpatched.
Could you share an expected timeline for these packages to be picked up in a
published image? Specifically, we'd like to confirm whether the fixes are pending
upstream in Debian (awaiting a trixie point release) or whether a future
fluentd:v1.19.3-x.yrebuild is planned once Debian ships the patched packages.To Reproduce
Pull
fluentd:v1.19.3-2.2and scan with any vulnerability scanner(Docker Scout / grype / Amazon Inspector). All 12 CVEs above are reported with
no fixed version available.
Expected behavior
The latest official image should not contain known Critical/High perl/glibc/sqlite3
vulnerabilities once upstream (Debian) fixes are available, and ideally a rebuilt
image is published shortly after the corresponding Debian point release.
Your Environment
Your Configuration
Your Error Log
Additional context
Chaining from #487 (glibc/systemd, fixed in v1.19.2-2.4) and #497 (perl/expat).